Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Forza 5 Discussion

Go down 
+11
skitchin
Mulchy
lBrawnyemperoRl
Koolaid
Ialyrn
KraZe
bukkaz
betadood
StrawberryGL
Konasumi
MiNd
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Official Forza 5 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Anything and everything about Forza 5

A place for discussion things you like or dislike

However, we have some ground rules
1. No attacking other members for their views, everyone has their own opinions
2. Lets try and stay more positive.

So rather then "game sucks, don't buy"
Why not put why you didn't like it, and what you would like to see.

Lets try to keep this a reasonable, more professional debate/discussion.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:39 pm

My personal list of my favorite and least favorite Forza 5 features. I may edit this list if I can think of anything else.

• Physics
• Sounds
• Forzavista for all cars instead of just a few
• V8 engine swaps
• Box Art

Dislikes
• Have to buy a new console for the game
• Mega-transactions
• Removed Auction House
• Removed Storefront
• Removed UCR
• Removed Car Clubs
• Can't share cars
• Drivatar allows for much more aggressive A.I
• Forced to play the T10 online hoppers if the user wants to play online
• No gift cars for advancing a level
• Can't gift cars
• Can't gift tunes
• Significantly less cars
• Significantly less tracks
• Graphics are less than expected compared to the E3 demonstration
• Less replay mode functionality
• Can't save replays
• Less credits for advancing a level
• Affinity does not give you free parts

In the end, Forza 5 isn't the game for me. The fact that they removed some of my favorite cars and features really puts the icing on the cake for me. I see Forza 5 as a great game, but what they had to cut ruined it for me. Hopefully Forza 6 will be better, and I am eager to see what they offer to the table then.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:42 pm

I don't even know if I feel comfortable calling them microtransactions anymore lol

That 4ag engine sound though, when I first heard in Koolaid's stream I was like yesss
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:49 pm

I agree, the 4AG sounds much better than it did in Forza 4.

The cars in FM5 sound much more 'throaty' than they did in the past games IMO, and I really like it.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:57 pm

The price points are a big factor as well, to get a xbox one and forza 5 is 560$. Meanwhile even if you don't already own a PS3 GT6 will cost you around 250-300$ depending on if the PS3 is new or used. For some of us GT6 is only going to be 60$. And then you have the massive library of games on the PS3 compared to the xbox one. Right now both the PS4 and xbox one have nothing in my eyes that would make me go buy them so GT6 is already better than forza 5 to me. And that's not even getting into how FM5 alienates some of it's audience.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Yeah im loving the sound of the cars too
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:31 pm

My Fanatec CSR (which has a giant FM logo in the center) is not supported by the XB1.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 11:17 pm

KraZe wrote:
My Fanatec CSR (which has a giant FM logo in the center) is not supported by the XB1.
ive heard it doesn't work natively on the ps4 either, along with other ps3 compatible wheels. From my understanding a game dev has to program in a specific wheel/s into their game for them to work. Dont know if its true or not, but a lot of ps4 users are complaining their gt5 branded wheels arnt working on ps4 with nfs rivals.

as for forza, I will edit this post when I get on my pc. Cant make a proper list on my phone, or retort to a few things.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 11:26 pm

I don't know, wouldn't other games not supporting Gran Turismo's wheel be their deal? At least for now the GT wheel works with GT games.

I feel bad for the guys who will only race on a wheel and want to play FM5.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Yeah it's true,

From http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with PS4?

Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game.

So basically it's up to the developer to allow old peripherals or not.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:31 am

N-no backwards compatibility with the PS3? Even though they're blu-ray?? WAT
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:00 am

That's why I am trying to let people know not to buy a PS4 for GT6. It would appear that the next generation of consoles have no time for previous titles except for the wii U
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:06 am

Konasumi wrote:
The cars in FM5 sound much more 'throaty' than they did in the past games IMO, and I really like it.
Official Forza 5 Discussion Ha-gay-gif
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:10 am

Planning on doing another sound test, what do you guys think? FD RX7 or mk4 Supra?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:27 am

betadood wrote:
That's why I am trying to let people know not to buy a PS4 for GT6. It would appear that the next generation of consoles have no time for previous titles except for the wii U
Jesus are there STILL people that think GT6 is for the PS4!?

@Koolaid - Dat rotary doe
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:30 am

Tough choice. Id say fd first
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:41 am

GT7 is supposed to be coming next year, but that's definitely a wait and see thing. As for the wheel compatibility, Sony where throwing it around at E3 time that current PS3 compatible wheels would be fully working on a ps4. Obviously that wasnt true, since the system doesn't natively support them. So I feel sorry for all the people that have a decent wheel, a wheel they would have expected to work 100% with PS4 racing games. I cant see any third party dev programming in individual wheels for use in their games, though I can see drive club and GT7 doing it; as they are first party titles.

Anyway, since I made a new post about that stuff; I will do the forza things I wish to retort here instead of editing my earlier posting lol.

Dislikes
• Have to buy a new console for the game

Fully understand this one, I didnt by the Xone just for forza though. Just personal choice

• Mega-transactions

Dont have to use the token system, credits are fairly easy to come by from racing. You even earn credits just from hotlapping in free run now, but only if you use a car you own in game.

• Removed Auction House

Most likely due to the people selling hacked cars, far too many people got banned from the game because of this. I have no doubt a lot bought a car with just a wheel hack not noticing, and then a perm ban from the forza servers ensued.

• Removed Storefront

Most likely removed in its current form because of what I wrote above, you could also buy tunes that where hacked. This is impossible to see until you load up the tune, and not everyone knows an on the level legit tuner.

• Removed UCR

Not sure what UCR is, guess I am having a blond moment lol.

• Removed Car Clubs

I cant understand this one personally, but it was the same with the jump from FM1 to FM2; and didn't reappear until FM4.

• Can't share cars

I can absolutely agree on this one, was nice to be able to share cars via the club garage.

• Drivatar allows for much more aggressive A.I

This seems to be calming down, and in all honesty they are far better behaved and quicker set to either "pro" or "Unbeatable".
• Forced to play the T10 online hoppers if the user wants to play online

You can still do custom lobbys, you just cant search for them like in FM4. It is an invite only affair in FM5, and I am not sure if it is only open to parties.

• No gift cars for advancing a level

Personally not that bothered about this one, but it does come down to personal choice. I was constantly selling those cars back to the game.

• Can't gift cars

This is annoying as well, but as I said in the deleted thread. Even though I like the game, there are still things I wish was still there.

• Can't gift tunes

Same as above.
• Significantly less cars

I can understand this, before and even more so after release. I am sure T10 have had to sort out new licensing because of their use of generic engine swaps, plus a proportion of the cars that where in FM4 where still using meshs from FM1. In all honestly, they needed dumping and redoing from scratch; especially since T10 have newer tech to use for capturing cars.
• Significantly less tracks

I can understand some of the real world tracks going, as T10 have committed themselves to laser scanning them. A costly endeavor, not just for money; but also time. As for the fantasy tracks, there is absolutely no reasonable excuse they can use for their exclusion in FM5.

• Graphics are less than expected compared to the E3 demonstration

The E3 demo build was just one track, half a dozen cars, running the FM4 physics engine. So for me it is fully understandable the detail was cut back and optimized for the full game, all game developers do this exact same thing. They use a demo build with naff all in, which enables them to run it at stupidly high graphical settings. The initial demo build are purely for the "wow" factor.

• Less replay mode functionality

This is also a bit of an annoyance, but I am glad the tv style camera is still there. That was for main worst thing about Horizons replay feature.

• Can't save replays

Only in multiplayer, but something T10 need to add back in. No more awesome multiplayer video's (unless someone with a capture device wants to play camera car with all the HUD turned off), and tandem drifting photo's because of this

• Less credits for advancing a level

Doesn't really bother me, but it does come down to personal preference. As I commented above, credits are still easy to earn. I checked my total hours on track to my credit earnings in game, and currently I sit at 3mill with 15 hours on track game play in a credit earning mode.

• Affinity does not give you free parts

Again, this one is personal preference and doesn't really bother me. In my opinion FM4 was far far to easy to progress, but for the casual gamer I can see the newer harder to earn system a problem. But for all of us on this site, we are hardcore racers in FM4; which means we have put in the time and effort to excel at the game in our chosen area's. For me that is multiple aspects of the game, from touge racing, tandem drifting, and circuit racing. So FM5 for me is only affecting the "touge" aspect of why I enjoy forza, the other two types of motorsport I enjoy in forza I can still do 100%.

There is one thing I am very curious about, and will not defend T10 on at all if it gets proven what I think they did. The Laferrari car pack was only a 10mb download, and I am hoping T10 have just done a forced update so they don't have to offer a free car on FM5 like they did with FM4 (people who do not own the Laferrari pack have drivatars using the cars contained within the pack). But I get the niggling suspicion it may have been included either on disk, or via the day one 6gb download. If it turns out to be the latter, I will be rather annoyed at T10. If it is the former though, then it would put an end to all "null" car stuff when people wouldn't download the free car, or didnt want to buy the Porsche expansion.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:08 am

Sadly enough i think Horizon 2 is going to drop first before they even think about FM6.
Theres a little bit of hope that it'll be really good now that it'll be on the next gen instead of being limited like Horizon.
I say this because racing simulators don't need to be refreshed annually and they probably never will.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:21 am

W-wait the took out the Storefront too...?
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:22 am

Yes, you can still get tunes though. I will put a video up on my yt and link it into this thread, the same with paints also.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:04 am

KraZe wrote:
W-wait the took out the Storefront too...?
I didnt know that either actually.

Quote :
So I feel sorry for all the people that have a decent wheel, a wheel they would have expected to work 100% with PS4 racing games. I cant see any third party dev programming in individual wheels for use in their games, though I can see drive club and GT7 doing it; as they are first party titles.
But as long as it works for Gran Turismo then there isn't really a problem, considering it's a Gran Turismo branded wheel. Need For Speed shouldn't feel an obligation to work to enable support for it, only Gran Turismo should. Sony promised that existing wheels and peripherals would be compatible with PS4, not that every game on the PS4 would support every peripheral, so no that's not a lie either.

Besides you're way off topic, we're talking about FM5 here, not comparing GT and Forza or Sony and Microsoft.

Koolaid wrote:
Planning on doing another sound test, what do you guys think? FD RX7 or mk4 Supra?
FD please, I hope it sounds as good as the 86 does
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Oh it does, and it handles great too on sport suspension.
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 7:14 pm

AW YISS^^^
Back to top Go down
skitchin
Wakaba
skitchin

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:38 pm

I miss Forza 4 and Fujimi Kaido
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:57 pm

I'm playing fm4 and gt6 more than i am fm5 lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Forza 5 Discussion
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next