Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need help with buying a wheel.

Go down 
+3
bukkaz
KraZe
RTG SoulStealer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RTG SoulStealer
Water Spiller
RTG SoulStealer

need help with buying a wheel. Empty
PostSubject: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:46 pm

so... im going to ask Santa for a wheel and playseat for Christmas, and i wanna kno if there is any place cheaper than amazon to get a g27 race wheel.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Ebay? Wouldn't trust it too much though...
Back to top Go down
RTG SoulStealer
Water Spiller
RTG SoulStealer

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:53 pm

KraZe wrote:
Ebay?  Wouldn't trust it too much though...
yea i think i just stick with amazon then. thx for ur help
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Im looking for a wheel too but its so expensive for a manual with cluch one
Back to top Go down
RTG SoulStealer
Water Spiller
RTG SoulStealer

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:16 pm

bukkaz wrote:
Im looking for a wheel too but its so expensive for a manual with cluch one
ikr so far the g27 is the cheapest one i can find that has clutch.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:44 pm

RTG SoulStealer wrote:
far the g27 is the cheapest one i can find that has clutch.

You can get a Fanatec Porsche wheel with some cheap pedals for around $150 - 200 if I'm correct. Newegg and Amazon have the lowest prices right now.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Yeah but the G27 doesn't work with the Xbox. If you want one that does the options are limited to Fanatecs only.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:56 pm

KraZe wrote:
Yeah but the G27 doesn't work with the Xbox.  If you want one that does the options are limited to Fanatecs only.

The G27 works just fine for the Xbox if you purchase an adapter for it. They're a bit expensive and you lose your force feedback. The wheel works exactly like a joystick when using the adapter, not the actual rotation of the wheel.
Back to top Go down
RTG SoulStealer
Water Spiller
RTG SoulStealer

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Konasumi wrote:
KraZe wrote:
Yeah but the G27 doesn't work with the Xbox.  If you want one that does the options are limited to Fanatecs only.

The G27 works just fine for the Xbox if you purchase an adapter for it. They're a bit expensive and you lose your force feedback. The wheel works exactly like a joystick when using the adapter, not the actual rotation of the wheel.
lol without ffb theres no point in having a wheel. lol im using for the ps3 anyway thats why i posted it in the GT section. im pretty much done with xbox now since forza has taken a turn for the worst in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:41 pm

Then you can't really go wrong with a G27.  I think they still go for $200-$250
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Im looking for a wheel with force feedback, manual (shifter not paddles and not the shifters that just go up n down lol I think they are called sequential) and a clutch
Back to top Go down
RTG SoulStealer
Water Spiller
RTG SoulStealer

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 5:05 pm

bukkaz wrote:
Im looking for a wheel with force feedback, manual (shifter not paddles and not the shifters that just go up n down lol I think they are called sequential) and a clutch
you could get a used g27 and playseat off ebay for cheap. but it would be used so youl never know what they did in that chair.... lol
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Lmfao ewww they better of not baked a cake and left there icing on it! Hahaha
Back to top Go down
RTG SoulStealer
Water Spiller
RTG SoulStealer

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 5:35 pm

bukkaz wrote:
Lmfao ewww they better of not baked a cake and left there icing on it! Hahaha
ctfu!! so far the cheapest playseat without taking the chance of having "icing" on it is the champion playseat its on amazon for like 299.99.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 5:52 pm

If I had a playseat I would race in it naked.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 6:00 pm

I wouldnt want a play seat anyway lol
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 6:13 pm

I'm considering picking up a Driving Force GT. It seems like a nice wheel that doesn't cost a lot. It will also do good for my iRacing and Euro Truck sessions as well as GT6.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 6:55 pm

I have a DFGT it has good force feedback but it's sometimes hard to use since you can't adjust too many things on it to your favor. Also the sequential shifter and regular pedals lack a bit too. Still good for the money though.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 7:08 pm

KraZe wrote:
I have a DFGT it has good force feedback...

How strong is the FFB?
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Konasumi wrote:
KraZe wrote:
I have a DFGT it has good force feedback...

How strong is the FFB?

I have the DFGT, to me the FFB is pretty strong
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:24 am

^Strong as hell. Makes drifting difficult actually since you need to put some muscle into it.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 3:20 am

Personally I would go with either a Fanatec or a thrustmaster t500RS, so many options for them both. I made the mistake of getting a cheap wheel for my 360 (ms wireless racing wheel), it works ok for what it is; but I have always regretted not getting something more highend. Going for a Thrustmaster TX myself this new gen for the X1 and PC, there may be a slim chance it is also compatible with the PS3/4 since its essentially a T500RS with some brush less motors thrown in; still waiting for someone to test the latter though.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 9:32 pm

The T500RS and Fanatec wheels are amazing, but it's out of my price range.

The DFGT is a lot cheaper, and it has everything I really need. I'm not saying that the higher end wheels are a bad option, I love them, but the DFGT is better for me price wise.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 10:36 pm

I thought the same. But then I wanted to buy one for my 360. And then I wanted one for both with a clutch pedal and H-shifter. So in the end it would have been cheaper to buy a Fanatec in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 7:45 am

Same here Kraze, I wish I had got myself a decent wheel instead of going cheap. And that was only because of my budget at the time. Its the same thing with regards to the graphics card in my pc, its good enough and plays games well; but I wish I had got something a bit better. Buying something lower end up cheap to fit in a budget always brings about a bit of buyers remorse, and that's because you know you end up spending extra cash in the long run to get what you wanted in the first place.

Kona, If I was you I would hold off on getting a wheel for now. Much better to save your cash and buy something further down the line when you have the cash saved, this way you can have a decent wheel that you like, and that will also work on my systems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help with buying a wheel.   need help with buying a wheel. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help with buying a wheel.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next