Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Empty
PostSubject: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:47 am

It would appear that Fanatec are working on something, and they mention next-generation on their facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Fanatec?fref=ts

Now this could mean the next generation in wheel hardware, or for PS4/X1 compatibility. We will only find that out then they give us proper information.

Last edited by Ialyrn on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 10:26 am

IF IT'S XB1 COMPATIBILITY I WILL CRY TEARS OF JOY.

edit: It most certainly looks like a new wheel.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:20 am

Either way ill be savin money. Just in case. Racin horizon 2 with a high quality wheel should be awesome enough
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 7:29 am

http://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/blog

Well, this is what Fanatec are releasing.

Fanatec wrote:
2 Next Generation

The ClubSport Wheel Base V2 is the next generation of ourwheel base but there is also a strong demand of wheels for “Next-Gen” consoles. People were asking us to make their wheels compatible to the Xbox One and Playstation 4 but if we want to make it official and legal then we need to follow the rules of the console makers and they clearly do not allow
that.

So how can we make a product where there is a chance that the customer can keep at least most of the equipment he purchased? We can easily make the pedals, shifters and handbrake compatible and this is what we did but what about the base unit?

And how can we make a product multi-platform compatible if we can only get approval for a license if the product has only the symbols of either one console on it?

We came up with an idea which brings modularity to a whole new level and protects your investment. If you play on PC then just go ahead and purchase the wheel base as it is and you will not be bothered with symbols which might hurt your eye.

But if you want to enjoy the painless simplicity of a console with its great exclusive racing simulations then you will get the option to buy an optional steering wheel which will
add full console compatibility to this base.

We want to achieve compatibility to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and we are happy to announce that we already signed a contract with one of them. We will announce this product at the end of this year.

There will be multiple steering wheels available in different price ranges and they will compatible to several Fanatec base units from mid-range to direct drive.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 9:35 am

Looks like Xbox 360 compatible Fanatec wheels could be allowed to work on the Xbox one, so looks like you did the right thing with waiting Kraze!!!

https://www.facebook.com/Fanatec/posts/720679831341349

T10 wrote:
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 11:40 am

FUUUUUCKKK YEEEEEEEEESSSS

I was actually contemplating getting the XB1 now because my 360 red ringed the other week and it's just a matter of time before it dies for good.  I've had it for 6 years now.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 11:47 am

I would still hold off for a little longer, at least give Fanatec and T10 a chance to give us the full information on the matter. But if the CSR is going to be allowed to work on the X1 fully, then I am asking for money for Christmas so I can buy a CSR value pack XL in the new year!
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Yeah hoping Fanatec makes it work it would be the best news I've gotten all year.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 4:06 am

Well if they make it upwards campitble to the one ill finally be getting it too
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 11:29 am

Any new information on this? All I'm finding is fanatec being shady.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 1:13 pm

God I wish they'd flat out say they're building an adapter or that they can't because reasons. So far all we have is that they'll "try to make one." And that was last year.
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 1:36 pm

A §€~£ing 3 year old broke my wheel anyway but would like to at least save the pedals as tm neglected a clutch >Neutral not to mention another 500$
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 10:35 am

They finally got their heads out their asses!http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/fanatec-wheel-support-comes-to-consoles
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:08 am

So it will only work with Project CARS?
Also...
WHAT THE FUCK WHY WOULD MY CSR ONLY BE MADE TO WORK WITH THE PS4!?!?

Whatever I can be patient to see if miracles happen and I can play FM6 with it.
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Dude I'll take it doe
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 11:43 am

So not Fanatec, but LOGITECH will make 2 wheels: the G29 for PS3/PS4/PC and the G920 for XB1/PC

http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Logitech-Announces-G29-and-G920-Racing-Wheels

Comes with paddle shifters, a clutch pedal, and an optional H-pattern stick shift for a total of $460 without shipping and taxes.

Guys, I think it's here.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:07 pm

I very well may buy that wheel!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)   Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fanatec (DO NOT SKIP THIS THREAD, VERY IMPORTANT)
Page 1 of 1