Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times

Go down 
+2
that slime kb
bukkaz
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 10:11 pm

Right'o

Edit: Not sure what to tell you Obelisk, the car has plenty to give.

Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 9:01 am

Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the track? Or controllers vs wheel (bla bla).
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 10:47 am

2:29.585 dirty*

*Only dirty because I tapped the inside of the last hairpin the lap before. God, I hate that mechanic in racing games.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 11:26 am

Obelisk wrote:
Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the track?  Or controllers vs wheel (bla bla).

Na, nothing to do with that. In all honesty, you might want to look at the suspension settings of the car. The whole thing was bouncing around like a space hopper after the tunnel. On a bumpy track like rio, you ideally want the suspension and roll bars set in such a way as to absorb the bumps. How it is now, it is a chore in trying to keep the thing going in the direction you want too. Which, ironically, is harder to do on a wheel. What with force feedback motors and what not.

Obelisk wrote:

*Only dirty because I tapped the inside of the last hairpin the lap before.  God, I hate that mechanic in racing games.

Needs to be in the game to be fair, otherwise people would exploit the track limits more than they already do. Corner cutting is already out of control in Forza, but not just an issue with Forza. Happens in any racing game.

You are improving though, so do not get disheartened. You have come a long way over the past few years, and are now able to keep pace with myself and Bukkaz on FM6. That is something you should be proud of.

Dont think that every single lap I do is perfect however, I make mistakes also. Especially on a track such as Rio. Hell, you should see some of the runs I have on Assetto Corsa, you would be in stitches, lol.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 11:30 am

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the track?  Or controllers vs wheel (bla bla).

Na, nothing to do with that. In all honesty, you might want to look at the suspension settings of the car. The whole thing was bouncing around like a space hopper after the tunnel. On a bumpy track like rio, you ideally want the suspension and roll bars set in such a way as to absorb the bumps. How it is now, it is a chore in trying to keep the thing going in the direction you want too. Which, ironically, is harder to do on a wheel. What with force feedback motors and what not.

Obelisk wrote:

*Only dirty because I tapped the inside of the last hairpin the lap before.  God, I hate that mechanic in racing games.

Needs to be in the game to be fair, otherwise people would exploit the track limits more than they already do. Corner cutting is already out of control in Forza, but not just an issue with Forza. Happens in any racing game.

You are improving though, so do not get disheartened. You have come a long way over the past few years, and are now able to keep pace with myself and Bukkaz on FM6. That is something you should be proud of.

Dont think that every single lap I do is perfect however, I make mistakes also. Especially on a track such as Rio. Hell, you should see some of the runs I have on Assetto Corsa, you would be in stitches, lol.

I can confirm on the suspension thing. I've botched so many laps at the high speed kink down the back because of the car bouncing around like a pinball.

And there was one time were I inexplicably flipped a Fiat 595 going around a normal turn.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 11:54 am

Obelisk wrote:
I can confirm on the suspension thing.  I've botched so many laps at the high speed kink down the back because of the car bouncing around like a pinball.

And there was one time were I inexplicably flipped a Fiat 595 going around a normal turn.

You are making the suspension to stiff, and possibly too low.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 11:57 am

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
I can confirm on the suspension thing.  I've botched so many laps at the high speed kink down the back because of the car bouncing around like a pinball.

The Lancia is at max ride height. I'll try halving the numbers across the board and see what that does.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:

The Lancia is at max ride height.  I'll try halving the numbers across the board and see what that does.

I may or may not have made a few tweaks.
Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 My%20Great%20Capture%20Screenshot%202016-05-21%2003-10-16_zpsantkrfdo

Time - 02:27.388
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:

The Lancia is at max ride height.  I'll try halving the numbers across the board and see what that does.

I may or may not have made a few tweaks.
Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 My%20Great%20Capture%20Screenshot%202016-05-21%2003-10-16_zpsantkrfdo

Time - 02:27.388
Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Internally-screaming
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Obelisk wrote:

I can not be held responsible for what happens when someone shares a tune with me that is actually fairly decent at its core.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 9:19 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:

I can not be held responsible for what happens when someone shares a tune with me that is actually fairly decent at its core.

Truth be told, my tunes are intended to be 'base' tunes. They're set up using the vehicle's weight and distribution.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 10:12 pm

Its not even remotely the same tune now.
Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 My%20Great%20Capture%20Screenshot%202016-05-21%2004-05-58_zpsfj0ds1se

02:26.721

Edit: Video of yesterdays lap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2