Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Touge Rules Guide!

Go down 
+2
KraZe
MiNd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Public lobbies don't have rules because you can't enforce them, but for some of the more advanced rule types for competitions will be posted here.

Advanced Rule Guide

Heads Up - As it sounds, both cars start equally on the starting line and both launch at the same time. In this case, usually only 1 race is run (Unless the very odd occasion of a tie)

Cat and Mouse - Cars start one in front of the other, so there is a lead car and a follow car. If the follow car passes and holds the lead, then the initial follow car win. If the lead car outruns the follow car, then the lead car wins. If there is no clear winner, the cars switch position and run again. Run continues until one of the cars either Outruns or passes. As many runs as needed.

-Car positions can be selected on multiple factors (Horsepower or challenger or agreed upon)

-Usually there is a certain amount of feet (usually ranges from 50 to 100ft but totally up to challenge host) that clarifies what is an "Outrun"

There are some basics, will update!

Any questions, comments or if I missed something, post up!
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:46 pm

I remember a certain race type now that I think would benefit newcomers best, the "Handicap" style.
Those who remember the AE86 vs Evo III race will know what I'm talking about.Touge Rules Guide! Initial-d-1581670
The "slower" guy leads in front and the "faster" guy chases. If the chaser is unable to overtake the leading car before the finish line, he loses, simple as that. This is a way of balancing the field between experienced and novice drivers since the forum continues to grow and members of all different skill levels are present.

Can I get people's thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:15 pm

By letting them have a head start?
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:22 pm

bukkaz wrote:
By letting them have a head start?

It seems like Cat and Mouse, Except the chaser must not only keep up but must pass the lead car. So the handicap is just having the slower car in front and just have to keep the chaser behind him.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Seems like a good idea. It gets them used to cat and mouse battles too. Will help when it comes to legit battles Smile
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:26 pm

I thought that maybe it's such an extreme variation that it should have it's own category so that everyone knows what kind of different races and variation possibilities can be held on the touge. Same with combination races (uphill-downhill) I guess.
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:49 pm

Thats a good one kraze, really good Smile
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:42 am

I personally use these rules:

Cat and mouse, (with passing or not)
70ft or more=Chaser loses
50ft-70ft=Draw
Less than 50ft= Chaser wins

We desided to chage the rules to a little more driver friendly and a bit less difficult.

Rules:
Cat & mouse.
100ft or more- Chaser loses
80ft-100ft - Draw
Less than 80ft - Chaser wins
Passing rule will be decided by drivers. 30mph rolling start, floor it at the startline
If chaser passes and holds the lead, then the initial chaser wins.

Deathmatch.
Chaser must pass the leader and hold the lead to the finish in order to win.
30mph rolling start, floor it at the startline

Handicap style.
The "slower" guy leads in front and the "faster" guy chases. If the chaser is unable to overtake the leading car before the finish line, he loses
Back to top Go down
CRA Erebus
Wakaba
CRA Erebus

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:43 am

is there anything i'm not allowed to have on my car?
eg race tyres adjustable aero etc
Back to top Go down
http://craracing.freeforums.org/?sid=3560db6d43a8335512e287cbc94
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 3:09 am

Race tires are usually allowed, Forza aero is almost always banned. It really depends on the rules that you and your opponent agree on, there aren't any rules set in stone.
Back to top Go down
CRA Erebus
Wakaba
CRA Erebus

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 4:24 am

ok thanks
Back to top Go down
http://craracing.freeforums.org/?sid=3560db6d43a8335512e287cbc94
Sponsored content

Touge Rules Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules Guide!   Touge Rules Guide! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touge Rules Guide!
Page 1 of 1